Pretuziano Olive Oil from Teramo Hills DOP

An excellence of the Abruzzo territory, in particular of the province of Teramo, is the ‘Olio Pretuziano delle Colline Teramane’ with its yellowish-green color, medium fruity smell,  medium intensity of fruity taste  with a slight of bitter and spicy sensations.

It has been recognized D.O.P  with a Regional Regulation and it is also protected by the CONSORZIO DI TUTELA promoted by UNAPROL in partnership with COLDIRETTI and the UNIONE PROVINCIALE AGRICOLTORI.

It is obtained by pressing olives of the Leccino, Frantoio and Dritta varieties, which must be present in the olive groves up to 75% and the remaining 25% is obtained from minor local varieties such as Tortiglione, Carboncella and Castiglionese.

The area of ​​production and processing of olives destined to obtain this oil is located in the hilly belt that crosses the whole province of Teramo and it extends from the coast for 25-30 km inland.

The orographic characteristics of the Abruzzo territory characterized by a comb of hills, interspersed with watercourses and enclosed between the Adriatic Sea and the Gran Sasso massif, they particularly affect the climate ginving a strong temperature range during the different periods of the year.

This has an unequivocal influence on the characteristics of the ‘Olio Pretuziano delle Colline Teramane DOP’.