Church and Monastery of San Giovanni

To report any additions, changes and/or corrections click on "Submit a content"

The San Giovanni Women's Monastery was established in Teramo in 1384 and today houses the "Gaetano Braga" Music Conservatory. Inside it houses a beautiful cloister and on the walls there are reliefs of the late fourteenth century and a slab of sarcophagus from the early decades of the fifteenth century. The convent structure also includes the Church of San Giovanni and has two huge stone entrance portals. The Church was consecrated in 1736 and the current configuration is from the Baroque period. Internally it has a single nave flanked by a small aisle.

Church and Monastery of San Giovanni
Via Stazio, 64100 Teramo TE
Lat: 42.657335
Lng: 13.705453